Clinician Investigator, DBME Research Group
Dr. Farhana Akter is a clinician, diabetologist and researcher. She completed her Medicine degree from Chittagong Medical College, Bangladesh. Later, she achieved higher degrees including FCPS and MD. She is working as the Head of The dept. and an Associate Professor, Dept. of Endocrinology, Chittagong medical College. She published several research articles in prestigious journals. Her research areas include hormonal disorder, diabetic complications, epidemiology of diabetes, molecular basis of diabetes, and medication associated effects during diabetes.
MBBS, Chittagong Medical College/University of Chittagong
FCPS (Medicine), Bangladesh College of Physician and Surgeon (BCPS)
MD (Endocrinology and Metabolism), Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU)
- Farhana Akter, Adnan Mannan*, HM Hamidullah Mehedi, Md Abdur Rob, Shakeel Ahmed, Asma Salauddin, Md Shakhawat Hossain, and Md Mahbub Hasan. (2020) “Clinical characteristics and short term outcomes after recovery from COVID-19 in patients with and without diabetes in Bangladesh.” Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 14, 6: 2031-2038.
- Adnan Mannan, Md. Mahbub Hasan, Farhana Akter, Md. Mashud Rana, Nowshad Asgar Chowdhury, Lal B Rawal, Tuhin Biswas (2021) “Factors associated with low adherence to medication among patients with type 2 diabetes at different healthcare facilities in southern Bangladesh” Global Health Action, 1-5
- Adnan Mannan, HM Hamidullah Mehedi, Naim Hasan Chy, Md Omar Qayum, Farhana Akter, Abdur Rob, Prasun Biswas, Sanjida Hossain, and Mustak Ibn Ayub. (2021) “Epidemiology and clinical outcome of COVID-19: A multi-centre cross sectional study from Bangladesh.” New Microbes and New Infections
- Farhana Akter, S M Murshid-Ul Alam, Md Mahbub Hasan, Md Mashud Rana, Nowshad Asgar Chowdhury, Masud Karim, Adnan Mannan* (2019) “Prevalence of uncontrolled diabetes mellitus and associated factors among people with type 2 diabetes mellitus in southern part of Bangladesh” Journal of Chittagong Medical College Teachers’ Association; 30 (2): 92-98
- Ayan Saha, Mohammed Moinul Ahsan, Md. Tarek-Ul Quader, Sabekun Naher, Farhana Akter, H.M. Hamidullah Mehedi, ASM Arman Ullah Chowdhury, Md. Hasanul Karim, Tazrina Rahman, Ayesha Parvin (2021) “Clinical characteristics and outcomes of COVID-19 infected diabetic patients admitted in ICUs of the southern region of Bangladesh” Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. Volume 15, Issue 1, January–February 2021, Pages 229-235
- Clinicaludy on rabies JCMCTA 2015;26(1):4-8
- Increased frequency of positive antithyroid antibody in nodular goiter BSMMU J 2015;8(2):109-113
- Prevalence and pattern of anemia among the hospitalized patients of chronic liver disease in a tertiary care hospital JMCTA 2017;28(2):111-15
- Efficacy and safety of sitagliptin in Bangladeshi type-2 diabetes mellitus patients during Ramadan fasting Int Lib Diab Metab 2017;2(1):1-4
- VitaminD status in newly diagnosed tertiary hospital of Bangladesh Mymensingh Med J 2018 Apr;27(2):362-68
- Clinical study on rabies prone animal bite Bangladesh J Medicine