Principal Investigator, DBME Research Group
Presently working on the epidemiologic and molecular basis of diabetes. Adnan is also working on the molecular basis of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. His previous research work includes the metabolomics and molecular signaling pathway, study of various anti-diabetic compounds. Besides this Adnan is interested in the pharmacological effect of various novel proteins and designing a therapeutic agent from them. His research work also consists of the genomic and proteomic study of various microbes and human genes using the computational approach. Apart from that, he also aims at the various demographical study of infectious and genetic disorders in Chittagong city.
Research interest: Metabolic disorders, Diabetes, Molecular epidemiology, and Bioinformatics.
Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences & Pharmacology
Curtin University, Australia
M Sc in Biotechnology and Molecular Biology
University of Hull, UK
B. Sc (HON’S) in Biochemistry & Biotechnology
University of Science & Technology Chittagong (USTC), Bangladesh
- Working as an Assistant Professor of Dept. of Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology, University of Chittagong.
- Worked as a Curtin Associate at School of Pharmacy & Biomedical Sciences, Curtin University (From January 2017- February 2018).
- Worked as a Research Intern at Research Development Unit, Department of Health, Western Australian government from July 2017- August 2017.
- Worked as a Lecturer, Dept. of Biochemistry & Biotechnology, University of Science & Technology Chittagong (USTC), Bangladesh from January 2010-May 2010.
- Worked as a Junior Lecturer of School of Environmental Science & Management (SESM) of Independent University Bangladesh (IUB) from November 2007-July 2008.
- Adnan Mannan, Erik Helmerhorst, Rodrigo Carlessi and Rima Caccetta (2018). Molecular Signaling Pathways delivering insulinotropic effect of Teucrium polium (Manuscript submitted).
- Adnan Mannan, Erik Helmerhorst, Marco Falasca and Rima Caccetta (2018).Investigation of the insulin mimetic effect of Teucrium polium(Manuscript submitted).
- Adnan Mannan, Erik Helmerhorst and Rima Caccetta (2018). Glucose lowering efficacy of Teucrium polium in vivo and in vitro: a review (Manuscript submitted).
- Adnan Mannan, Anthony Dan Diaz and Rima Caccetta (2018). Antidiabetic effect of two Australian algae (Manuscript is submitted to Drug target insight).
- Adnan Mannan, Mohammad Shohel, Sultana Rajia, Niaz Uddin Mahmud, Sanjana Kabir and Imtiaj Hasan (2014) “A cross sectional study on antibiotic resistance pattern of Salmonella typhi clinical isolates from Bangladesh” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, 4(4): 306-311
- Farjana Sharmin, Adnan Mannan, Md. Mominur Rahman, Md. Ashraf Uddin Chowdhury, Muhammad Erfan Uddin and A. M Abu Ahmed (2014). Investigation of in vivo neuro-pharmacological evaluation of Alpinia nigra L. leaf extract. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed 4(2): 137-142.
- A. M. Abu Ahmed, Farjana Sharmen, Adnan Mannan, Md Atiar Rahman (2015) “Phytochemical, analgesic, antibacterial, and cytotoxic effects of Alpinia nigra (Gaertn.) Burtt leaf extract” Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine 5 (4): 248-252
- Nazneen Naher Islam, Zinat Farzana, A.M. Masudul Azad Chowdhury, Adnan Mannan, K.M. Kamaruddin, A.M.A.M. Zonaed Siddiki and Inkeyas Uddin (2014) Characterization of Bovine Subclinical Mastitis Caused by Staphylococcus aureus in Southern Bangladesh by Bacteriological and Molecular Approaches. Asian Journal of Biological Sciences.7 (1): 1-12, 2014
- Md. Anayet Hasan, S. M. Alauddin, Mohammad Al Amin, Suza Mohammad Nur, and Adnan Mannan (2014) ‘In Silico Molecular Characterization of Cysteine Protease YopT from Yersinia pestis by Homology Modeling and Binding Site Identification’ Drug Target Insights. 8: 1–9.
- Ayan Saha, Md. Jibran Alam, Kutub Uddin Muhammad Ashraf, and Adnan Mannan (2013) ‘Computational analysis of bovine alpha-1 collagen sequences’ Bioinformation. 9(1): 42–48.
- Adnan Mannan, Md. Junaate Kawser, A. M. Abu Ahmed, Sikder, Mohammad Omar Faruk., Mohammad Jahedul Islam., & Chowdhury, M. A. (2012) ‘A Demographic Approach for Understanding the Prevalence of β Thalassemia Patterns and Other Hemoglobinopathies: Selective Study in Chittagong City Perspective’. Asian Journal of Biological Sciences, 6, 124-130.
- Adnan Mannan, Md. Junaate Kawser, A. M. Abu Ahmed, Nazneen Naher Islam, S. M. Murshidul Alam, (2011) “Assessment of antibacterial, thrombolytic and cytotoxic potential of Cassia alata seed oil” Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 01(09): 56-59
- Adnan Mannan, Md. Junaate Kawser, A. M. Abu Ahmed, and Shipan Das Gupta (2011) ‘Assessment of antibacterial, thrombolytic and cytotoxic potential of Cassia alata seed oil’ Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 01 (09); 2011: 56-59
- Best Poster Presenter, Mark Liveris Health Sciences Seminar 2015, Western Australia.
- Champion, 3 Minute Thesis 2015, Curtin.
- Dr. Nurul Islam Memorial Debate Award 2018, awarded by University of Science & Technology, Chittagong.
- IPRS scholar, Curtin University.
- Australian Postgraduate Award 2013 winner.
- Guild CUPSA laboratory Data collection grant 2014 winner, Curtin University.
- iprep- Dept. of Health Research Intern 2017, Western Australia.